I have been teaching at the undergraduate level since 2013, I was Hofstra University from 2013-2015, and at New Jersey City University from 2016-present. I especially enjoy teaching classes in media history, media literacy, film, and critical thinking. You can download my teaching CV here, and my full CV (sound, art, media, performance, etc.) here.
- Master of Arts in Media Studies from The New School (4.0 GPA)
- 20 years of experience in Digital Media
- CELTA (Pass B) certification in teaching English as a foreign language
August, 2016 - Present; Professor, New Jersey City University Dept. of Media Arts
- The Fantastic in Film and Television
- Understanding Movies
January, 2013 - May 2015; Professor, Hofstra University Dept. of Journalism, Media Studies, and Public Relations
- Theories of Media
- Media Literacy: Criticism & Analysis
- Media & Pop Culture
- Media Technology & Public Policy
- Media History & Development
Fall 2012 Teaching Assistant, The New School for Public Engagement Dept. of Media Studies
- Creative DIY Cultures & Participatory Learning
Co-taught (with Prof. Nitin Sawhney, Ph.D.) this seminar investigating creative DIY cultures of hacking, tinkering, and inventive practices from crafts and electronics to digital media production, networked design collaboration, and participatory learning.
Spring 2012 Teaching Assistant, The New School for Public Engagement Dept. of Media Studies
- Sounding Objects, Listening Spaces
Assisted Professor Jessica Feldman in creating the curriculum, developing assignments, and teaching core concepts in sound, physical computing, and the Max/MSP/Jitter visual programming language. I also ran the Saturday lab for this class.
Fall 2011 Teaching Assistant, The New School for Public Engagement Dept. of Media Studies
- Sound Culture
Assisted Professor Joan Schuman in creating curriculum and leading discussions for this online class in sonic history and sound art.
Download full CV (pdf)